This was the most productive week I’ve had in a long time–in regards to writing, that is. It was not a productive week for cleaning the house or sleeping. But really, those things are overrated. Some of the credit goes to Jill, for babysitting my son so I could get some work done. Thanks, Jill!
My achievements this week:
1. I wrote a generic query letter. It’s currently in the hands of my CPs. I’m still searching the Web for query advice, so I already have more ideas about how to improve my letter.
2. I made a spreadsheet of agents I want to query. More about that on Tuesday. I’ve been visiting agency websites and pretty much driving myself crazy.
3. I scribbled the outline for Book 2 while Son colored with crayons. It’s been outlined in my mind for awhile, but something interesting happened in the transfer to paper. I’d had pacing problems in my head, but then a new twist occurred to me–a way to increase the excitement for the second half of the book. I’m really happy with this new discovery, because I think it will keep the reader guessing until the end. Anyway, the outline looks good, and I’m already assigning songs to chapters (which is inevitable for me, at least for this series). I keep wanting to look up song lyrics, but I’m forcing myself to stay on task, LOL.
4. I cleaned out my inbox and emailed almost all of my CPs/test-readers. I even got to play tennis with Sav and Vicki! *waves*
5. I had a new novel idea, totally unrelated to anything I’ve thought about before. I don’t know where this idea came from, and the characters are very strange… supernatural/paranormal, but I’m not sure in what way. The closest thing that comes to my mind is fairies, but that’s not quite right either. This idea will have to simmer on the back burner for quite awhile before it’s good enough to taste. I think the plot shows potential though. And if I don’t know how to label the characters, then they must be somewhat original, right? 😉
The bad news for the week: my son got his first cold of the season. Only thirty more illnesses ’til spring. *sigh* We had to miss his toddler music class as a result. He seems to be past the contagious stage now, which is fortunate since we leave tomorrow for a weekend trip to Iowa (visiting family). I’m taking my MacBook and hoping I can be antisocial long enough to rewrite my Ch. 1. I need to get that done ASAP so my CPs can look over it before I query (*puppy dog eyes for CPs* Please?). They’re going to be so sick of me by October.
Enough about me–I need to go pack. How about all of you?? Any good news or achievements you want to share?? I’d love to hear what’s happening, and I can reply when I get back on Sunday. Have a great weekend, everyone!