If you’re looking for more info about me, scroll below. If you’d like to contact me privately, please use this form. I always answer questions, so if you haven’t heard back from me in a week, try sending it again. Thanks for the interest, and have a great day!
Yep, that’s a picture of me, acting like a monkey (but I rarely smell like one). My name is Erin Keyser Horn. Keyser is pronounced KI-zer, like a German emperor or a kaiser roll. I know, my name looks like it should be KEYS-er, but it’s not. I’m tricky that way. At least Erin and Horn are straightforward, right?
I have a zoology degree from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale and currently live in Northwest Illinois with my husband and son. I did everything I could not to become a writer, trying such jobs as pig farmer, lab tech, biological field tech, vet assistant, yoga teacher, librarian, and more. But I couldn’t stay away from the writing world. I’m the author of three Young Adult paranormal books, Eyes of Lightning, River’s Edge, and Wings of Thunder. On the rare occasion when I’m not writing or reading, I like to visit natural areas with my family, dabble in photography, and practice martial arts. I’m always busy living life, because life is too short for little dreams. I couldn’t make it through one day without the love of my family, friends, and God.
You can sign up for my monthly newsletter for the first look at covers, news, and bonus materials. I’m currently giving away a free short story from Gabe’s POV!
For all the details of my writing and publishing journey, CLICK HERE.
What’s a typical day in my life? Watch this video to find out. . . .
I only write YA, because it’s my favorite genre to read—as you can tell by this list of books . . .
SOME OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS (in no particular order):
1. THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak
2. THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins
3. RING OF ENDLESS LIGHT by Madeleine L’Engle
4. DAIRY QUEEN by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
5. GRACELING by Kristen Cashore
6. MARCELO IN THE REAL WORLD by Francisco X. Stork
7. THE FAULT IN OUR STARS and every other book by John Green
8. ADORATION OF JENNA FOX by Mary Pearson
9. WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr
10. THE SCORPIO RACES and THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater
11. SPEAK by Laurie Halse Anderson
12. FEED by M. T. Anderson
13. A NORTHERN LIGHT by Jennifer Donnelly
14. THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER by Sarah Dessen
15. PRINCESS ACADEMY by Shannon Hale
16. HARRY POTTER series by J.K. Rowling
17. ANNE OF GREEN GABLES series by L.M. Montgomery
18. THE BLUE CASTLE by L. M. Montgomery
19. PERCY JACKSON series and HEROES OF OLYMPUS series by Rick Riordan
20. THE DARK IS RISING series by Susan Cooper
21. THE GRAVEYARD BOOK and CORALINE by Neil Gaiman
22. WALK TWO MOONS and HEARTBEAT by Sharon Creech
23. THE WRINKLE IN TIME series by Madeleine L’Engle
24. THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA series by C. S. Lewis
25. HOLES by Louis Sachar
26. THE GIVER by Lois Lowry
27. THE ORDINARY PRINCESS by M. M. Kaye
28. CATHERINE, CALLED BIRDY by Karen Cushman
29. SHILOH by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
30. HATCHET series by Gary Paulsen
31. WHEN YOU REACH ME by Rebecca Stead
32. LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR by Stephanie Perkins
32. BEAUTY QUEENS and THE DIVINERS by Libba Bray
33. THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER by Stephen Chbosky
34. LEVIATHAN series by Scott Westerfeld
35. DELIRIUM series by Lauren Oliver
35. THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson
36. THE DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE and everything by Laini Taylor
37. CLOCKWORK ANGEL and other books by Cassandra Clare
38. CINDER by Marissa Meyer
39. DIVERGENT series by Veronica Roth
40. THE SILVER SICKLE by Ellie Ann
41. LEGEND by Marie Lu