Top Ten Reasons Why Kids and Teens Need Yoga
1. Increased strength, flexibility, balance, and energy.
2. Better focus, concentration, and performance at school.
3. To be physically active without pressure or competition.
4. Improved postures, sleeping habits, and immunity.
5. Greater confidence, awareness, and self-esteem.
6. To learn how to control stress, worries, and reactions.
7. To practice kindness, compassion, and nonviolence.
8. As a natural treatment for depression, anxiety, and ADHD.
9. To feel present, grateful, and calm—anytime, anywhere.
10. To change their lifestyles before health problems start.
Top Ten Benefits of Yoga
1. Stress Relief Yoga can help reduce the effects of stress on your body by encouraging relaxation and lowering the amount of cortisol in your body.
2. Pain Relief Daily yoga can help ease the aches and pains of the body. Many people with very serious diseases have reported less pain after performing asanas or meditation.
3. Better Breathing You will learn to take deeper, slower breaths, increasing your lung function and setting off the body’s relaxation response.
4. Flexibility Your level of flexibility will increase, which will help with your range of motion. Yoga will lengthen the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your body to help you become more flexible. If you can’t touch your toes, daily yoga will help you reach that goal.
5. Increased Strength Yoga poses use all the muscles in your body and help you increase your strength level from head to toe. You will strengthen your muscles close to the bones, which increases the support of your skeletal system as well.
6. Weight Management Daily exercises are always recommended, but yoga helps reduce the level of cortisol in your body. This aids in weight loss and fat burning.
7. Improved Circulation Yoga will help improve your body’s circulation. In turn, with daily exercises, you will achieve lowered blood pressure and pulse rates.
8. Cardiovascular Conditioning Even the gentlest style of yoga will help to lower your resting heart rate and increase your overall endurance. You will increase the amount of oxygen taken in during daily exercises.
9. Focus on the Present You can have greater coordination, memory skills, reaction times, and concentration skills by utilizing yoga. These benefits will extend far out of the yoga center.
10. Inner Peace What more could you want? This is one of the primary reasons that people do yoga and one of its most important benefits.